|email a friend »|
|30 April 2011|
- Personal information stored on the MHSOBA data management system will only be used by MHSOBA for designated purposes associated with MHSOBA or Melbourne High School and shall not be disclosed to third parties for any reason not associated with the primary objective.
- Persons wishing to contact other persons whose information is stored on the MHSOBA data management system must work through the MHSOBA office who will then pass on their request, if possible, to the person requested. It will then be up to that person to respond to the enquirer or not.
- All steps are taken to ensure the personal information stored on the MHSOBA data management system remains accurate, complete and as up-to-date as is possible.
- Members of MHSOBA may have personal coded access to update some aspects of their information through the MHSOBA website.
- All reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure will be taken at all times.
- Sensitive information is of a higher order than just 'personal information' and includes information like racial or ethnic origin, political views, religious beliefs, sexual preferences, membership of groups (like trade unions), or criminal records and, as such, will not be collected or used in any way whether in regard to MHSOBA or MHS purposes or not.
- All old boys whose email address is stored on the MHSOBA data management system will receive a regular monthly electronic newsletter or other periodic notices as required for the functioning of reunions and other MHSOBA activities. All such emails will contain a functional unsubscribe facility.